Sunday, October 09, 2011

Meeting New People

This week I have met, through email, the 4 other volunteers that I will be starting with in January.  SO EXCITING!! :)

Again, it just makes it so much more real.  And, it's fun to get to know the people that I will be spending 13 months of my life with.  All different people, different backgrounds, different stories... all coming together to serve the kiddos.  It's really awesome.  No matter what, we already have something big in common... maybe we can just revert to that when we have those awkward moments when no one knows what to say next.  Well, maybe not.  Do you realize who you are dealing with?  I can hold a conversation with a tree! :)

Interestingly, though, in the mini intros we all did, not one person mentioned if they were Catholic (or even Christian/have a faith with God/etc.  And, yes, there is a way to bring this up without being just outright about it and awkward, however that does get the job done. But, I digress...)  Now, this may not be that big of a deal to anyone, really... BUT, it should be to me.  I didn't even mention it.  I.  Me.  Hello!  Let's be real, my faith and my relationship with God is what has gotten me into this craziness in the first place.  It should be at the TOP of my list of things to say about me as to why I am doing it.  There could be a few things as to why I didn't... 1) being self-conscious and worried about being judged, 2) not wanting to come across as 'holier than thou' or something, 3) maybe it just didn't come to my mind.

Huh, well any of those are just kind of crappy.  How many times have I said in my posts already that I believe this is God's call for me and I truly believe I am following His will?!  A TON (I know!).  And I am proud of it, I really am.  It's almost as if by not mentioning it (specifically, choosing to NOT mention it) then I have denied Him or did not stand up for Him.  And, that breaks my heart.  I am not perfect by any means, but I would never want to deny or not stand up for Him, who is everything in my life.

Well, these are some intense things to ponder and bring to prayer.  If you are saying some prayers, maybe just add in an extra (or more) one for me so that I can work through this and, in general, as I continue with this process.  Thank you... and I will pray for you!

Love and Hugs.

PS. I went a little parenthesis happy... I will work on it! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment