Friday, May 25, 2012

Prayers!


I know I haven’t been a very good blogger these days, but things have been pretty busy, and the Internet has been acting weird lately.   I will try harder!

Right now, I was wondering if I could discuss with you some things.  First, please, please, please keep NPH in your prayers always.  I have said this before, but I just like to remind you all.  :)  God is seriously doing some amazing things here, even though it’s hard to see all of the time, when the demand and frustrations of every day life get in the way.  But, it’s true.  There are so many good people that God is using to help, teach, encourage and love these kids here on the Ranch.  Everyone works so hard, and I just feel like they could use a few extra prayers.

Also, I was wondering if you could pray for the External Clinic, as well.  Yes, that is where I work everyday, to help provide affordable healthcare to the surrounding communities (sometimes even 4 hours away!) around the Ranch.  Every day we see anywhere from 20-40 patients who receive care for a variety of things, from common colds and allergies to diabetes and hypertension.  We also have a functioning laboratory, where again we can provide people with an affordable option to get exams that otherwise they wouldn’t be able to.  We are not a hospital, nor are we able to help every single person that comes through, but we are always willing, and I think that’s a big thing in and of itself.

It’s an amazing blessing that NPH is able to support this type of clinic.  It’s even been said that when finances are a struggle we would never shut down or close the External Clinic.  The Ranch has built an amazing relationship with the outside community; it would be a tragedy both to the people we help on a daily basis, and the great example it is to the kids.   And, sometimes I worry that the clinic is going to fall apart!  We are full into the rainy season here… and it rains a lot!  Lately, we have had some of the heaviest rains I have experienced.  With that type of rain comes some problems like leaks.  And the clinic has some leaks!  We have enough money to get a new roof, but we are now waiting for a little more to help out with a re-model of the clinic and lab!  We don’t want to put a new roof on right away and then have to remove it again to fix the inside.  It’s a very exciting prospect, but something that we will just have to wait and see.  I specifically ask that you pray that this remodel happens, so that all of our medications, pharmacy supplies, patient charts, etc are protected!

I would also like to take this moment to thank ALL of the people that support the External Clinic through pray, monetary donations or medical/pharmacy supplies!  It’s because of you all that we are able to touch as many lives as we do.  A little shout out to the people (from Germany, I believe!) who donated a MONTON (HUGE) amount of medications to help our kids AND the External.  It was seriously like Christmas morning getting all of those boxes.  And, thanks to my mom for all of the awesome diabetic supplies!  I can't wait for the next Dia de Diabetes. :)

Thank you for reading, listening and praying.  It means a lot.
Paz y Amor

No comments:

Post a Comment