Monday, August 08, 2011

And so it begins...

Welcome.

Many of you are now reading this because you followed my other blog, or maybe you are new, or more likely you are my awesome family and friends just being the amazing support that you are. :)

Just as the title suggests... I am following the Lord's call to serve the poor of our world.  As many of you know, it's been a desire on my heart for sometime to take my nursing skills to serve, and at the beginning of the year (with the amazing encouragement of my friends) I began the search for the place that I (and God, of course) wanted to go.  After months of waiting and prayers, I have accepted a nursing position with Nuestros Pequenos Hermanos.  Please visit their website (link to the right) for more information.

I have definitely fallen for this amazing organization and am really looking forward to getting there in January! I am going to dedicate this blog solely to my experience leading up to, throughout and right after my Honduran adventure.  I am going to try my hardest to be as positive and upbeat as I can, but I also want to be honest and true about everything that happens.  I will provide stories, pictures, thoughts and feelings... laughs, and maybe some tears.  Oh, and let's not forget that little bit of sarcasm! ;)

So... here we go!  The start of a whole new chapter of my life is just beginning to unfold.  I am so excited, nervous, overwhelmed, but mostly at peace with following God's will.  Without His grace there is no way I would be able to pull this off.  Thanks, Jesus... You rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment