Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wow.

I have realized a lot in the last few days:

  1. Having a blog is a little intimidating when people now know you have a blog... it means I have to write cool and entertaining things (eek!)
  2. My mom is amazing (obviously I didn't just realize this, but it was reiterated)
  3. I love my friends (again, not a recent realization)
  4. I am going to miss a ton of things when I am gone (I even asked the Volunteer Coordinator if I could bring my favorite coffee, to which she replied something like, "Of course, but Honduran coffee is really good!")
  5. I am going to really, really miss my coworkers
I have had an amazing 4 years at my current job, and couldn't have asked for a more perfect first nursing job, at one of the best pediatric facilities in the country, with some of the most amazing people. Ever.  As more and more people realize that I am actually leaving and not pulling anyone's legs, I think they are surprised!  Jen is actually leaving this place.  I am sure some think I am nuts, others brave or even jealous.  But all are happy and maybe even a little proud.  It's bittersweet... this place has become my home and these people have become like family.  We get on each others' nerves, disagree, but work hard and love each other when it counts.  It's hard thinking about leaving.  While I am away one friend will be getting married (and could even get preggers AND have the babe), another will be graduating from nursing school, a few may even move on to their next phases in their careers.  Crazy to think about.  And, I am not a fan. :(

But, this is part of the journey.  While I will be missing out on some things... I will most definitely be experiencing new and wonderful things, as well.  It will by no means replace anything... but just add to the overall adventure. :)

Oh, and I am about 98% sure about my specific day of departure.  Here. We. Go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment