Friday, December 09, 2011

The time has come!

I am leaving in the morning.  I am leaving in the morning!  I AM LEAVING IN THE MORNING!  Ahhhh!!!

Ok, phew... got that out. :)  I have been planning, worrying, preparing, praying, freaking out, worrying, praying, freaking out some more, for what seems like the whole year.  December 10 always was so far in the future.  And, now, it's here.

I probably haven't prayed and relied on God as much as I should have and needed to.  But, I do know that He is by my side helping me with every step of the journey so far.  Even if I haven't held up my end of the deal, God has (He's good like that), and brings me much needed peace.  I pray for continued peace as I transition to the next phase of my life.

I thank YOU (all of you, whoever you are, that read this) for all of your support, love and prayers.  It really means the world to me.  Please know that I am praying for you.

I am going to finish the last minute things, talk with some people and spend a few more moments with my dad and Connie before going to sleep.  I did manage to get all of my stuff packed.  I am sure I'm bringing more of some things, and forgot others.  But, oh well!  It's all part of the experience. :)
Is this REALLY enough?! 

2 comments:

  1. And you are in Honduras!
    Jen made it safely to Honduras, after successfully checking in her bags without going over the 50 pound limit, got through customs, found the right bus, and made it safely to her host family! A very long travel day, but a good one!
    Thank you God, for Jen's safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just heard from Jen. She said she slept ok, went to mass, and that it is beautiful in Honduras! It is also hilly there, which she said shows how out of shape she is. Again, her words, not her mom's. If I were using my words, I'd say Jen is just perfect! I don't expect to get any more texts from her, as it is very expensive! She hopes to find her way to a computer tomorrow to email!
    She appreciates all of your support and prayers!

    ReplyDelete